DENVER, COLORADO – The Wright & McGill Co., working with one of the top Salmon & Steelhead guides in the NW will launch a new line of Salmon & Steelhead rods in February 2011 called Stormy Skies! The initial launch will include 16 technique specific rods including 14 graphite and 2 new Tri-Gressive S-Glass models. Each rod was developed to function perfectly using today’s most popular angling methods and will provide the ultimate in performance and affordability.
The 14 new graphite models have been designed around Wright & McGill’s exclusive S-Curve blank technology because of its strength, sensitivity, light weight and for its incredible lifting power. Wright & McGill has been the industry leader in glass rod technology for decades and that tradition continues with the addition of the new Tri-Gressive S-Glass blanks used in the new MaX™ series of plug rods.
Each rod is custom painted using the new Stormy Skies color treatment making each one slightly different than the next. These beautiful new rods are loaded with extras that will make fishermen wonder how they can be priced at just $99.99 for every model from a 7’9” Hot Shot rod all the way to a 10’6” Magnum Herring model.
W&M Stormy Skies Salmon/Steelhead Series specs:
- Made with incredibly strong, light and sensitive S-Curve blank technology.
- Reinforced with a 1K, high density woven graphite cloth extending from the fighting butt past the foregrip that adds 23% more hook setting power and fish fighting strength.
- Lightweight stainless steel guides, with zirconium rings, are lighter and won’t crack, break or groove when used with the braided line.
- Spinning models include a custom split fore grip of rubber cork allows for finger to blank contact and increased sensitivity.
- Spinning models feature a split rear handle design for weight reduction and improved balance.
- Non-slip handles and reel seats for a sure grip.
- Oversized, durable fighting butt for comfort.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
Wright & McGill S Curve Signature rods are available in 14 specialty actions, designed to tackle the strongest Salmon or Steelhead that swim anywhere. There are two additional Tri-Gressive S-Glass rods in the MaX™ series designed to improve the fish attracting action of plugs in any size. Both the Graphite and the Glass models are family priced with a suggested retail of $99.99.
For more information about Wright & McGill Co. products, contact us at 720-941-8700 or visit the web site at www.wright-mcgill.com